Welcome to Kids Club!
Your kids will love your workout days. Kids Club at NorthBay HealthSpring Fitness provides our smallest members a fun, nurturing and safe environment. While at Kids Club your child will take part in engaging activities led by our team of highly trained staff. Our goal is to inspire your kids to live a healthy and active life and strive to offer our parents peace of mind knowing that their children are well cared for while having fun in a safe, encouraging atmosphere.
KIDS CLUB HOURS
Monday through Friday: 8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m. & 3:30p.m. - 8:30p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m.
*If there are no children present during the final 30 minutes, Kids Club will close early.
Our Kids Club staff is trained in CPR, first aid, child abuse prevention, behavior management, activity planning and safety. Our team is enthusiastic about working with children and dedicated to providing an enriching experience.
Kids Club can accommodate children ages 6 months to 12 years old.
Kids Club is complimentary for families who have purchased a family membership. Members that do not have a family membership can pay a $10 per visit drop-in fee or can purchase a Kids Club card for $10 per month.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN KIDS CLUB
- Children ages 6 months to 12 years can attend Kids Club for a maximum of 120 minutes (2 hours) per day while the parent/guardian is onsite at HealthSpring Fitness
- Reservations are not required at this time (subject to change). If you are attending a group exercise class we recommend arrival at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled class time
- We carefully manage our child-to-staff ratio to ensure safety and may need to postpone entry due to ratios. If so, you may be asked to wait to enter Kids Club if we are at maximum capacity
- On each visit, you will be asked to check your child in by signing the binder located near the Kids Club entrance door with your child's name, your first and last name, and the location of where you will be exercising within the facility. Be sure to include any special instructions on the sheet
- You must remain inside the HealthSpring Fitness Facility while your child is in Kids Club. Parents/Guardians are not permitted to leave the facility
- The same parent/guardian must both drop-off and pick-up the child. A parent/guardian must be listed on the emergency form
- You and your child will be assigned a number when you sign-in and will be asked to return the number at the end of your visit. If the Kids Club staff does not recognize you as the same parent who dropped off your child, you will be asked to present ID in order to have your child released to your care
- If you have not picked up your child after 2 hours (120 minutes) or by the time Kids Club closes, our staff will try to locate you by checking the locations listed on the sign-in sheet and/or checking the locker rooms. If we cannot locate you after taking these steps, we will begin calling the person(s) listed on the Emergency Information Card. After all attempts have been made to contact the parent and emergency contact, Kids Club staff will contact the Vacaville Police Department and Child Protective Services
BEFORE YOU VISIT
- Please have your child's diaper changed or have your child use the restroom before entering Kids Club. Kids Club staff members will not be able to change your child and will let you know right away if changing is needed
- We ask that children wash their hands before entering Kids Club
- Please share with us any specific information about your child's needs (teething, allergies, stages of toilet training or any other concerns for that day)
WHAT TO BRING
We want your child's time in Kids Club to be enjoyable. These are some items we recommend to aid in that:
- You are welcome to pack juice boxes and water for your child. Please clearly mark the container with your child's name. For the safety of our guests, glass is not permitted
- Shoes: Shoes are required for children who can walk
- Socks: Socks are required for children who cannot walk
- Clothes: Please bring at least one change of clothing for infants
- Bags should be labeled with your child's name and the contents listed above inside
- We have plenty of toys and activities to engage your child. Please do not bring any toys or electronic games from home
ON YOUR FIRST VISIT
- Upon your first visit, you'll be asked to complete an emergency form for your child. Annual updates will also occur. This form will be updated annually.
- Our team wants your children to be comfortable and will make every effort to do so. If your child seems anxious, frightened or is crying, try to remain supportive. Children adjust quickly after a parent leaves. Sometimes it will be necessary to stay with your child in the room until s/he is settled. If your child is inconsolable after 15 minutes, we will ask you to return to Kids Club. If needed, you can come into the room and make your child feel comfortable before you leave Kids Club.
Our staff will do everything possible to make your child's experience a pleasant one. Parents will be asked to return to Kids Club under the following circumstances:
- Inconsolable crying over separation from parent lasting more than 15 minutes
- Continued disruptive behavior. If we experience problems related to specific rules or unacceptable behaviors, the following procedures will be taken:
- Your child will be redirected to another activity
- The staff will remind your child of the rules
- If the behavior escalates to an unsafe level, your child will be asked to sit quietly until s/he calms down
- If your child continues to display unsafe or disruptive behavior (such as biting, hitting or causing injury), you will be asked to pick up your child immediately
- In addition, you will be informed in writing and asked to sign a Behavior Report stating the nature of the behavior and action steps taken to improve it
- If your child has a special diagnosis, be sure to let us know how to best work with your child. If you have a doctor's plan that we can use, please share it and we will keep it in your child's file and refer to it as needed
HEALTH AND SAFETY
In the best interest of your child's health and safety and the wellbeing of other children and staff, we stress the following:
- Illness (fever over 100º, excessive coughing and/or opaque mucus, vomiting, diarrhea or other contagious diseases)
- If your child is contagious i.e. diarrhea, pink eye, opaque runny nose, fever, cough, etc., we ask that you not bring your child that day or for 24 hours after the symptoms are visible
- If your child has allergies or medical conditions that may cause them to appear to have any of the above mentioned symptoms, we ask that you provide a doctor's note for your child's file prior to them being admitted back to Kids Club
- Children must be on antibiotics for at least 48 hours before returning to Kids Club. If you are unsure about your child's health, please keep your child home
- We cannot administer any medication to children
- If your child becomes ill or begins to exhibit symptoms of being ill, we will notify you and ask you to take your child home
- If your child displays symptoms of a contagious illness soon after visiting Kids Club, be sure to contact us, so we can post an exposure notice to alert other parents
*If your child is too sick to go to school, they are too sick to be in Kids Club. For the health and safety of all children in Kids Club, our staff members have the right to deny access to any child who exhibits symptoms of being sick. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
KIDS CLUB PROGRAMS
We want your child to have fun in Kids Club while participating in daily clubs that provide an enriching and educational experience. A monthly activities calendar will be available in Kids Club.
PARENT'S NIGHT OUT
Enjoy a kid free evening and drop your child off at HealthSpring Fitness! Parents' Night Out is offered the 3rd Friday of every month (Parent's Night Out will not be held the month of July and February). Fee: $30 for your first child, $15 for each additional child. Advance registration is required.
EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN
In the event of an emergency that requires us to evacuate, our staff is prepared and has a plan to keep your child safe. The following procedures will be followed to return your child to you in a safe, calm and timely manner.
- Staff will clear Kids Club and take all of the children with them to the designated safety area located on the lawn in front of 1010 Nut Tree Road. Staff will lead children, on a safety rope, single file to the designated safety area. Children, who are unable to walk, or walk quickly, will be placed into a crib and moved to the designated area.
- Parents should head to the designated safety area as soon as possible after the evacuation.
- If you come to Kids Club during an evacuation, you will be asked to stay with your child and Kids Club team to ensure timely evacuation of all individuals.
For more information, please contact Danielle Laughran, Assistant General Manager Danielle.Laughran@NorthBay.org or 707.624.8080.